How you can support building a resilient climate-friendly food system during the global pandemic.
During this unprecedented time, British Columbians can support climate-friendly food systems by:
- Researching your local farmers and learning about how they grow, raise, catch and harvest their food.
- Considering purchasing a CSA veggie box.
- Shopping your local farmers market.
- Supporting your local farmers on social media by sharing your experiences. Post photos and videos of your purchases and favourite recipes.
- Growing your own food. You would be surprised what you can grow in a backyard or container garden!
- Considering what is on your plate, increase your vegetable and fruit intake.
- Teaching your children where their food comes from and encourage healthy meals.