Vancouver Island Feast of Fields
Virtual Event: Sunday, August 22, 2021 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Host Farm: Lohbrunner Community Farm
Box Collection: Saturday, August 21, 2021, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm hosted by Church and State Wines
This year, Feast of Fields is coming directly to your backyard for one of the most unique home-dining experiences of the season.
Thoughtfully crafted harvest-style boxes containing everything you need to assemble a ready-to-eat gourmet feast for two will be ready for pick-up from Church and State Wines on Saturday, August 21st between 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Inside, you will find the very best seasonal ingredients local farmers, ranchers, and foods artisans have to offer including delicious bites prepared by BC’s top chefs; tasty libations from local vintners, brewers, and distillers; and elegant accoutrements to set the tone for an afternoon of celebration. A limited number of exclusive Local Food Champion boxes will be available containing supplemental bites, luxury beverages, and sophisticated additions.
Our virtual celebration will bring together chefs, producers, and foodies from across Southern Vancouver Island. You will hear how ingredients were grown and sourced, and learn how to plate your bites directly from some of the region’s top chefs. Together, we will enjoy a virtual tour of Lohbrunner Community Farm, of which we are proud longtime supporters, and learn about their cooperative farming model. We will hear from guest speakers and connect with farm and city folks who also believe in the importance of quality, sustainable food. The rest of the afternoon is yours to continue celebrating what the region has to offer!
Everything in your event box will be prepared and only requires simple assembly. Simply, sit back and enjoy our virtual programming as you eat and drink your way through the region. Each box will contain enough for a ready-to-eat gourmet feast for two. Grab a friend and join other sustainable, local food champions as we celebrate the best of BC!
Silent Auction Is Now Closed
As part of our Feast of Fields ‘at home’ programming, we will be hosting two virtual silent auctions.
Our Vancouver Island Silent Auction closed August 22, 2021, at 10:00 pm.
- A one night stay in a one-bedroom luxury suite at Parkside Hotel & Spa;
- Two full-day hiking tours with a guide through Aylard Farms at beautiful East Sooke Park with Rainforest Tours;
- Lunch on the Lawn at Fairmont Empress;
- An ultimate gift set for beer enthusiasts from Stanley Park Brewing;
- A private mountain biking lesson for two with Dialed in Cycling.
What’s in the Box? Limited Quantities Available!
Standard Box – Packed for 2 people to enjoy
$160 Buy Now Option
- Minted Pea Hummus with roasted Eggplant and Vegan Tzatziki on Grilled Naan Bread from Chef Morgan Wison with Q at The Empress
- Save Da Sea vegan smoked “salmon” on Jenny Marie’s Crackers with a plant-based spread
- Marinated Parry Bay lamb skewer with figs, onions, feta and mint from Niche Grocerant and Hayward Farm
- Lion’s mane mushroom and bull kelp broth with garlic, sesame, and Soy Nova smoked tofu from Niche Grocerant
- Wild-foraged berries from Forest for Dinner
- Hummus from Holy Hummous
- French baguette from Terra Breads
- Pre-marinated protein for the grill from Whole Foods Market
- Candied Ginger Butter Tart from Seraphina’s Oven
- Double Chocolate Cookie with Cacao Barry Caramelized White Chocolate, topped with Salt Spring Fleur de Sel from Seraphina’s Oven
- Vegan Creme Brulee from Vegan Pudding & Co.
- Delicious craft beer from Driftwood Brewery, Phillips Brewing Co, Hoyne Brewing Co, and Vancouver Island Brewing
- One bottle of BC wine from Winemaker’s CUT or The View Winery
- Island Life Hard Sparkling Water from Vancouver Island Brewing
- Craft spirits from Stillhead Distillery
- Soda mixers from Rootside Bitters and Mixers
- Single Origin Instant Coffee from Fernwood Coffee Company
- ‘Tea for Two’ from Shanti Chai & Co
- Craft kombucha from Tofino Kombucha
- Homegrown, handpicked cider from Ward’s Hard Cider
- A biodegradable grill from CasusGrill
- Flowers from Twyla’s Flower Farm
- Two packages of seeds from our Research & Education Seed Farm
- Table napkins from up-cycled materials made by Rachel Sudbury and Jackie Sophocle of As-iku
Local Food Champion Box – Packed for 2 people to enjoy
$300 Buy Now Option
Support local food producers and our work by taking home a Local Food Champion box. Providing the ultimate local at-home dining experience, Local Food Champion boxes will include everything in our Standard Box, plus an extra bottle of bubbly and exclusive food add-ons!
In addition to everything in the Standard boxes, Local Food Champions will receive:
- A bottle of bubbly from Church & State Wines
- Onion & Thyme Savoury Spread from Salt Spring Kitchen Co.
- Direct-trade gourmet chocolate from Sirene Chocolate
- Grass-fed yogurt from Tree Island Yogurt
- Nature’s Path Golden Turmeric Superfood Granola
- ½ lbs. Feast of Fields blend from Mile Zero Coffee Co.
- …plus the added bonus of knowing that you are supporting our important work.
Box Sales Now Closed
The auction for our Vancouver Island event closed August 15th, 2021 at 11:45 PM PDT.
With this year’s virtual event format, our status as a registered charity limits us in how we can provide alcohol to our guests. 32auctions is how we can fulfill our event requirements while also ensuring you get to taste the best local vintners, distillers, and brewers have to offer.
‘Bid’ or ‘Buy Now’
Like a standard auction, you will be required to either ‘bid’ on a box or ‘buy now.’ By purchasing a box, you will secure your spot at our Vancouver Island Feast event and receive an invoice immediately. If you choose to bid, you will have to wait until the auction is closed to confirm your attendance.
We encourage you to purchase your box right away so you won’t be out-bid! If you see that there is a current bid on one of the boxes, we encourage you to select a listing with no active bids.
You will be able to collect your boxes from Church and State Wines on Saturday, August 21st between 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Box collection will be Covid-safe and contactless, if necessary.
Location: 1445 Benvenuto Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8M 1J5
Vancouver Island Feast of Fields ‘At Home’ will be virtually hosted by Lohbrunner Community Farm Cooperative on Sunday, August 22nd, 2021.
Funds raised through Feast of Fields support our work to cultivate strong, sustainable, and resilient food systems across British Columbia.
All tickets are final sale. We appreciate your understanding and support.
Guests purchasing Feast boxes containing alcohol will have to show two pieces of government ID at the time of pick-up.