Metro Vancouver Feast of Fields
Virtual Event: Sunday, September 12, 2021, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Host Farm: Research and Education Seed Farm
Box Collection or Pick-up: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm, hosted by YVR Prep and Orange Toque Delivery
This year we will be bringing Feast of Fields directly to you for one of the most unique home-dining experiences of the season.
Specially catered harvest-style boxes containing everything you need to assemble a ready-to-eat gourmet feast for two will be ready for pick-up from YVR Prep or available for home delivery through Orange Toque Delivery on Saturday, September 11th between 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Inside, you will find the very best seasonal ingredients local farmers, ranchers, and foods artisans have to offer including delicious bites prepared by BC’s top chefs; tasty libations from local vintners, brewers, and distillers; and elegant accoutrements to set the tone for an afternoon of celebration. A limited number of exclusive Local Food Champion boxes will be available containing supplemental bites, luxury beverages, and sophisticated additions.
Our virtual celebration will bring together chefs, producers, and foodies from across Metro Vancouver. You will hear how ingredients were grown and sourced, and learn how to plate your bites directly from some of the region’s top chefs. Together, we will enjoy a virtual tour of our Research and Education Seed Farm in Abbotsford, hear from guest speakers, and connect with farm and city folks who also believe in the importance of quality, sustainable food. The rest of the afternoon is yours to continue celebrating what the region has to offer!
As part of our Feast of Fields ‘at home’ programming, we will be hosting two virtual silent auctions.
Our Metro Vancouver Silent Auction is now closed.
What’s in the Box? Limited Quantities Available!
Standard Box – Packed for 2 people to enjoy
$160 Buy Now Option
- Handmade sausages with local vegetable pickles and purées from Chef TJ Conwi of Ono Vancouver
- Broiled Smoked Toothfish Rillettes Stuffed Shishitos with Fried Capers from Vancouver Private Dining
- Vegan pasta bolognese from Cowichan Pasta Co prepared by Chef Kunal Dighe from JW Marriott Parq
- Wild-fermented gluten-free sourdough bread with a savoury plant spread from Alkeme Foods
- Afro-Vegan comfort food from Kula Kitchen
- 100% Canadian Shoyu Soy Sauce from Koji Fine Foods
- Summer Corn Tart featuring smoked sablefish, grilled Chilliwack corn, corn emulsion, blossoms, and a burnt onion puree from Cocktails and Canapes
- Smokin’ Bangers from The Very Good Butchers
- Delightful bite-sized macarons from Kizzy’s Macarons
- Shareable cupcakes from Mini Cakes by Madi
- Fruit crostatas from Gabi & Jules
- Three craft beers from our participating breweries: Locality Brewing, Driftwood Brewery, Phillips Brewing, and Vancouver Island Brewing
- A bottle of BC wine from one of our participating vineyards and wineries, including Blasted Church Vineyards, Winemaker’s CUT, Sperling Vineyards, Good Natured Wine, Quails’ Gate Winery, Tantalus Winery, Good Natured Wine, The View Winery, and Wild Goose Winery
- Island Life Hard Sparkling Waters from Vancouver Island Brewing
- Homegrown, handpicked cider from Ward’s Hard Cider
- Negronis from Roots & Wings Distillery
- ACV Everyday Concentrate from Lula Natural Foods
- Craft kombucha from Hoochy Booch
- Artisanal Water kefir from Kindred Cultures
- Premium tea from TEALEAVES
- A biodegradable grill from CasusGrill
- Table napkins from up-cycled materials made by Rachel Sudbury and Jackie Sophocle of As-iku
Dry Box – Packed for 2 people to enjoy
$125 Buy Now Option
Our Dry Box includes everything in our Standard Box, excluding any wine, beer or spirits.
Local Food Champion Box – Packed for 2 people to enjoy
$300 Buy Now Option
Support local food producers and our work by taking home a Local Food Champion box. Providing the ultimate local at-home dining experience, Local Food Champion boxes will include everything in our Standard Box, plus an extra bottle of bubbly and exclusive food add-ons!
In addition to everything in the Standard boxes, Local Food Champions will receive:
- Shortbread cookies from Oh Sweet Day! Bake Shop made with Hunter Browns’ browned butter
- Bean-to-bar chocolate from Cocoaro Craft Chocolate
- Vegan Taco Meal Kit from Lita’s Mexican Foods
- Organic salad dressing from Little Creek Dressings
- Onion & Thyme Savoury Spread from Salt Spring Kitchen Co.
- Grass-fed yogurt from Tree Island Yogurt
- Nature’s Path Golden Turmeric Superfood Granola
- Kapow Hot Sauce from Fable Diner
- Vegan Cream puffs from Level V Bakery
- …plus the added bonus of knowing that you are supporting our important work.
Everything in your event box will be prepared and only requires simple assembly. Simply, sit back and enjoy our virtual programming as you eat and drink your way through the region. Each box will contain enough for a ready-to-eat gourmet feast for two. Grab a friend and join other sustainable, local food champions as we celebrate the best of BC!
The auction for our Metro Vancouver event closed September 7, 2021 at 9:00 PM PDT.
With this year’s virtual event format, our status as a registered charity limits us in how we can provide alcohol to our guests. 32auctions is how we can fulfill our event requirements while also ensuring you get to taste the best local vintners, distillers, and brewers have to offer.
‘Bid’ or ‘Buy Now’
Like a standard auction, you will be required to either ‘bid’ on a box or ‘buy now.’ By purchasing a box, you will secure your spot at our Metro Vancouver Feast event and receive an invoice immediately. If you choose to bid, you will have to wait until the auction is closed to confirm your attendance.
We encourage you to purchase your box right away so you won’t be out-bid! If you see that there is a current bid on one of the boxes, we encourage you to select a listing with no active bids.
You will be able to collect your boxes from YVR Prep or have them delivered to your home through Orange Toque Delivery on Saturday, September 11th between 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Box collection will be Covid-safe and contactless, if necessary.
Location: A6 5279 Still Creek Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5C 5V1
Metro Vancouver Feast of Fields ‘At Home’ will be virtually hosted at our Research and Education Seed Farm on Sunday, September 12th, 2021.
Funds raised through Feast of Fields support our work to cultivate strong, sustainable, and resilient food systems across British Columbia.
All tickets are final sale. We appreciate your understanding and support.
Guests purchasing Feast boxes containing alcohol will have to show two pieces of government ID at the time of pick-up.